Feng Shui for New Beginnings in 2019
by Christina Captain, DAOM, MSAOM, MSHN, MA
Lucky Dragon says:
“Use the principles of Feng Shui to kick-start a new beginning for yourself in 2019.”
A brand-new year offers a refreshingly positive outlook in life, and along with this, it’s time to purge the old—especially that negative energy from the previous year. All excess baggage must be discarded, like the saying goes: “Out with the old and in with the new.” In other words, it’s time to welcome 2019 with a fresh, clean slate.
- Clear out your clutter because clutter holds back energy. It’s difficult to take positive strides forward, or even make a decision, when you are surrounded by clutter. Open each drawer and clean the garage or attic. Toss our items that you haven’t used and clothes that you haven’t worn.
- Use a mirror on the wall in a contained space to create the illusion of a larger space. Make sure that it reflects something appealing—not the laundry or garbage can.
- Hang red décor on the entry door. This will attract positive chi and bring prosperity into your home.
- Arrange fresh flowers in your home, especially in the kitchen to add an element of nature. Make sure to throw them away once they have expired.
- Clear negative energies with sage smoke or bells.
Does feng shui excite you? Stay tuned to this feng shui column for announcements about video blogs on how to feng shui your space for life. Happy 2019!
Dr. Christina Captain is nationally board-certified by the National Commission for Certification in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM). She is the lead practitioner at the Family Healing Center which she founded in 2000. Dr. Captain is also an expert Feng Shui practitioner and teacher who studied under Nancilee Wydra of the Feng Shui Institute of America, before originating her own style, Essential Balance Feng Shui. Since this discipline is a branch of Oriental Medicine, she often blends Feng Shui principles into her treatment plans. Family Healing Center is located at 2650 Bahia Vista St., Suite 101, Sarasota. For more information, call 941-951-1119 or email Dr_Captain@FamilyHealingCenter.com.
Edit ModuleShow Tags